Saturday, April 18, 2009

the final countdown...


In less than 10 hours, I will be done with SMU. I can't wait. I know it's going to be anti-climatic. It always is. But I'm still looking forward to it. I don't hate the university or anything. But I don't love it either. Still, I owe it to the school for showing me...

the not-so-good stuff...

how to be ruthless,
how to be overly-ambitious,
how to be competitive,
how to raise expectations,
how to suck up (although I'm hardly good at it),
how to be politely condescending of inferior deliverables,
how to fake a smile,
how to fake a concerned face,
how to exaggerate,
how to work for more than 24 hours at a go,
how to sleep 2 hours a day, for a week,
how to mind my own business,
how group study rooms are not used just for studying

the good stuff...
how to voice my opinions,
how to challenge the views of others,
how to engage almost anyone in conversation,
how to dress to kill,
how to sound like I know what I'm talking about,
how to become interested in bloomberg and cnbc,
how to create something out of nothing,
how to club the day before an exam,
how to complete the exam when you're still high,
how well work and beer go together,
how to study for a term's work in a day,
how the song 'closing time' goes,
how to choose friends,
how to be a friend,
how to let go,
how to leave it all to Him.

I think I'll be fine. yep.