Sunday, May 25, 2008

the circle of life and the zone

There is always an external reaction to an internal stimuli - a response from my surroundings, in relation to my behavior. hence, if my behavior remains unchanged, I shouldn't be surprised that I keep getting the same responses, keep landing myself in hot soup, keep finding myself back at where I started. no change, no progress.

I've changed alright...maybe just not enough.

The Hillsong United concert was a visual feast. One could observe thousands of heads bobbing up and down (yes, many were doing their jumping routines. i mean... dancing). Colorful spotlights and glow sticks added to the already vibrant setting. The atmosphere of excitement, anticipation and furor was almost enough to quell my mild displeasure at being stood up by a certain someone. The sound was awesome. The music was fantastic. The voices were envy-inducing. The synth was the only instrument playing throughout (keyboardists are indispensable, I tell you :P). To top it off, we were treated to a 20min get-rich-quick scheme presentation during the interval.

I found it ironic when Joel Houston, the band's front man, quoted Isaiah as follows:
"...he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him." (53:2)
These words uttered at the massive Max Pavilion. Full-house. Screaming audience. Against the backdrop of scored music that undeniably conjured up feelings of awe and majesty. Hmmm...

- no photoshop. just pure photography genius -

- Romans 14:10 -