Saturday, May 31, 2008

the night of many firsts

tonight was indeed a night of many firsts...

1. I walked into Gotham with priority entry. It was also the first time I wasn't afraid of being bounced out for being under-aged (Gotham has an illogical 23 and above policy).

2. I danced to trance music. it wasn't even house.

3. I danced to 'Sexy Back' and tried not to think of Patricia Mok, unsuccessfully.

4. I found a nice private corner at Gotham I could emo in. it comes complete with your own music, couches, pool table, fancy lights and a bar, and no one else was there.

5. I broke my drinking glass when I received the bill for dinner.

6. I ended the clubbing session by singing hymns.

So...dinner at Shayray was decent. I'd recommend it if you don't mind the overpriced menu. Of course, that was compensated for by the excellent service, so-so ambiance and generous servings.

Gotham is once again my favorite place to club at. Music was exceptionally good. and then there's the secret emo place I discovered, the priority entry, the 2-for-1 bottle promotions, and... the dancers from Johannesburg. To think that all this while I had the impression that European females couldn't dance for nuts.