Tuesday, April 8, 2008

the interview

i was 3 minutes late for the interview this morning. i woke up at 7am for a 9.55am interview, left the house at 9am (don't ask), and insisted on taking a bus instead of the train even though i knew it would take 20mins longer cos i didn't want to walk to the station in a suit. and so i finally arrived at 9.58am, after running like mad into the building. i emailed the professor to inform him that my lateness was because i was stuck at CCK MRT, where the poor guy fell onto the train track and caused the 1 hr delay. hope the prof buys tt. i hope he doesn't find out that i live in jurong and have no reason to be in CCK on a Monday morning.

My friend was asked the question "what do you read?" during his interview. his single-worded reply was......"textbooks". he said he wanted his answer to stand out. at least he wasn't LATE.

The Delifrance waitress got our orders wrong. gave me spaghetti instead of fusilli. gave my friend chicken lasagna instead of beef bolognese. gave this rude European bitch toasted instead of plain bread. and she didn't know how to read French. but i forgive her cos her name's Dinesha. awesome name.

i ran in the rain just to meet Manora for a single minute so that she could see me in my suit. Colin asked me why I've never done that for him.

i almost went to the gym today.

-some day, one day -

- praveen didn't know that he was pouring chilli paste on an upturned container -