Monday, June 16, 2008

the fathers' day special

Today marks a momentous occasion because on this day, I made my first meal. yes, to commemorate father's day, i cooked. albeit with A LOT of help from my co-chefs (cousins). now i realise that cooking can be really satisfying. so this was on the menu for today:

Pan-fried salmon in orange sauce, baked potato with sour cream and bacon, sauteed long beans and shitake mushrooms, served with wasabi mayonnaise and a glass of sparkling apple juice (cos my uncle forbade white wine). For desert, Bailey's Irish Cream ice-cream with grated orange rind.

(fyi, the 'l' in salmon is silent.)

- after 2 hours... i present, the Fathers' Day Special -

Oh, Helipad didn't happen afterall. Bummer. But I decided to be really nice and send my friends off at the airport. Even though they were flying off to Maryland and missing my birthday.

Everyone's flying. I want to fly too.... but where?