Monday, June 30, 2008

the treat and the Spanish win

Lunch at Thai Accent was a very pleasant experience (due, in part, to the fact that it was a birthday treat for me by some nice friends of mine so I wasn't paying). Thank you so much :) The food was great. One of the best tom yam soups I've tasted in a loooong time. For some reason, the whole feel of the place wasn't very Singaporean. Must have been the view of the sea or the cotton cushions covers, but I could almost swear I was at some exotic Indonesian beach resort. Guess this'll be as close as it gets to traveling out of the country for now.

Germany lost. Not like I was hoping for a win. Guess it's a good thing that I refrained from betting. I did some rough calculations and realized that the Spaniards' win should bring some hope to us English fans. See...
  • Spain last won the European Championships in 1964, 44 years ago.
  • England last won the World Cup in 1966, 42 years ago.
  • The next World Cup is in 2010 :)
Now, if only numerology actually worked.