Sunday, June 29, 2008

the haunted house

I found out that getting 15 people seats at a crowded Thai Express at peak hour without reservations is quite a feat. But we managed to do it anyway. Encountered a rude waitress who probably forgot that we were paying 10% as service charge.

After a late game of truth or truth at Starbucks (where I decided not to order anything due to previous harrowing experiences), we decided to explore a haunted house along Grange Road. Yes, one would think that busy Orchard would be the last place for the paranormal to nest. But in the dead of the night, you'd think again. On a moonless night, trying our best to ignore the ominous sound of racing cars cruising in a distance, five brave souls decided to venture out into the unknown. So up the hill we went.... (and then we frantically ran back down cos we thought we saw the cops, but they turned out to be other curious adventure seekers. so we went back up, slightly embarrassed)... We saw orbs, an eerie white circle in the middle of nowhere, an ugly withering tree, and the dilapidated house with its boarded up windows . And then as we were entering the house, one of us smelt heroine. Not wanting to disturb them, we decided to come back another time when the druggies weren't hiding out there.

It's funny how I managed to NOT hang out with this group of people I've known for over two years. I'm not sure how that happened. Anyway, I'm glad we hung out today. Always nice to know that people aren't as serious as they appear to be. :)

Only today, it dawned upon me that taking the NR service instead of the cab saves me a shitload.

Take care, friend! I wish you only the best. Don't forget me when you become rich and successful! :)