Thursday, July 10, 2008

the hidden bar

Collected my Bombay Sapphire today. :):) Thank you, dear!

- it's English, not Indian -

You know you've patronized a restaurant too often when the manager recognizes you and starts joking with you. And that makes it harder to complain about service or anything else. Met up with a friend I hadn't seen in a LOOOONG while (and who had forgotten all about me, although she denies it). Had some DEEEEEP discussions about the usual things we talk about. She says that I'm the last person she'll come to for marriage advice :(

Finally found out what x Strip, xx Strip and xxx Strip mean.

Searched high and low for this bar my friend had told me about a couple of days ago. Ebar. He had said it was tucked away in a quiet corner of The Cathay. He was right. Found it eventually and what I saw was quite pleasing to the eye. I wouldn't call it a bar per se. It's more like a chill out spot. Very private.

- I'm holding on to a WW1 phone so here's something off the web. sorry-

Seems they play bossa nova and pop. (yes, awesome combination). And there's a nice Wii console right in the middle. The drinks were cheap. The music was alright. Well it was alright UNTIL they started playing house. Yes, the awful thumping music you hear at Cafe del Mar. but this music was special. the lyrics went like this:

He's my peace (yes he is)
He's my joy
(yes he is)
He's my life
(yes he is)
He's my braaadder
(yes he is)

He's my soul
(yes he is)
He's my love
(yes he is)
He's my (inaudible noun)
(yes he is)
He's my breath
(yes he is)

Christian house.

Amen.