Tuesday, July 22, 2008

the time I kenna rejected

I'm not sure which is worse: losing someone or rejection. Considering how egotistical I am, and that I never actually had her in the first place, I'd have to say the latter. And that's an understatement. I never expected rejection to last this long. Am I not supposed to be a stoic? Or maybe I'm nothing more than a pseudo stoic; a wannabe stoic.

And that may not necessarily be a bad thing. Emotions provide that much-needed reminder that I'm only human. But the thing is, emotions are like a runaway train - out of control and headed for disaster. Is it better to be in control, then? I'm pretty sure that that too leads to disappointment. Remember the guy in Saw IV who wanted to save everyone? Therein lies the dilemma. And it will ALWAYS be.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I should venture further, right? I’ve always liked challenges, anyway. Even one that seems unfathomable. Especially when there are no other mountains that I choose to see. But, really, I don’t quite see it as a challenge. I see it as something I want to do for now.

And if by sheer bad luck you’re reading this (COS SHIT HAPPENS), I’m no freak k? I’m just being.. me…. For a change.