Saturday, August 16, 2008

the broken ones

I think I like my friends who are broken. The disillusioned ones are the ones who’ve seen life. And that makes them more like me. I’m sick of the naïve ones. The ones who are constantly bothered with the small things – the trivial, the transient. I like people who look at life and laugh. These are the ones who look past life’s many disappointments with the ‘been there done that’ attitude. It shows that they’re experienced. They’re the less emotional. They’re have a strong internal locus of control. They’re more confident. They require hardly any consoling, and if they do, they know exactly where I’m coming from. It saves a lot of effort in convincing and explaining. It’s brilliant. Cos we’re at the same level. They know what they want, they know what they can’t have, and they know why. And when the unexpected happens, they aren’t caught off guard. Even if they don’t see it coming, they can accept that it has happened. They don’t stumble or cave in. They move on.

Don't get me wrong. I still like my other friends. I'd love to help them through what they need help through. We all need that support time and again. But I especially appreciate these rare guys.. Cos life’s too short to bother too much with .

I think I've been seeing too many bulls these days. And I have an inkling that they're here to stay. Haiz.

You find sponsors in the most unexpected of places.

Cough cough.