Saturday, August 9, 2008

the SPG colony

At midnight tonight, I had nothing to do and was planning on completing a book, 'The Intelligent Investor', that I had started on more than a month ago. At 1am, I found myself at the doorsteps of Attica.

Attica started out slow but the pace eventually quickened, thankfully. I was underaged, so I found the choice of music a little too ancient for me. The dance floor was ridiculously small, for a nightspot that considers itself to be a full-fledged club. The club was infested with whites. I couldn't help but feel belittled by their furtive glances. Bummer. Nevertheless, I think I enjoyed myself reasonably well, thanks to the plethora of colorful characters that joined us at the club.

There was the guy who started dissing the whites very vocally (and Attica is SPG haven, mind you). I was bold enough to join him in the dissing. Then there was the lady who was 38, but looked like she was 24. She was newly married to some Aussie who's stuck in Melbourne while she's out partying with the white-disser. Hmmm.... Then there was the Aussie who asked me if I was up for a threesome in the car with this hot North Indian SPG chick he had picked up. Being the decent guy that I am, I said no. It didn't help that my friends were right beside me when he asked me.

The 90s had pretty nice songs, I discovered. Check out 'Losing My Religion' playing in the background right now.

Happy National Day or whatever.