Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the missing holiday and internship

Is it worth it? I'm passing on a holiday to Oz and might be spending Christmas alone just because I want to be around for an internship that might not even happen. Everyone's desperate. Everyone wants to impress. It's sickening. I don't mean this to sound chauvinistic in anyway. But the ladies have an unfair edge (and don't you deny it). Attended a Deutsche Bank recruitment event today and couldn't take my eyes off this slut girl who had slits up the sides of her skirt until just below the hips. Where do you get clothes like that, man. How does a guy dress provocatively and not appear not heterosexual?

The Director of Private Wealth Management I spoke to later on commented on how much he loved chicks and all they had to offer. He also mentioned that he prides himself on helping his clients manage their finances so that they can support both the wives and the mistresses. BANKERS ARE PROMISCUOUS. Bankers promote promiscuity. Infidelity is the norm. In a working environment like that, don't tell me that females don't have the upper hand (dignity is another issue altogether).

I found out that to do securities trading, I'll need to know C++ and other programming languages. I'm so screwed. I don't even know HTML.

Temasek Holdings is expected to have $12,000,000,000,000 (12 trillion) in its coffers by 2015. Enough to buy a considerable portion of the world, I reckon. But yet we see the beggars, the homeless and the hungry by the roads and at the coffee-shops. A senior government official (no names, just in case of web petrol) admitted that the government used to employ 'beggar petrols'. What did they do with them after they picked them up? Were they given a decent home to live in? Why do we still see beggars around then? I don't think there's anything wrong with being a welfare state.

So back to the topic of the missing internship. Met a friend of a friend who's interning with Deutsche and almost certainly getting his internship converted to an analyst position. When I was introduced, he said, "Oh you! I 've heard alot about you. You're the smart guy."

But you're the guy with the friggin internship!