Monday, August 4, 2008

the FX Challenge

So we lost the forex challenge. Heck, we didn't even get into the finals. It was pretty unexpected, the results. Only 1 SMU team out of the 7 made it to the finals, but virtually all the SP teams qualified. I'm not sure what went wrong. Even the NUS teams did as badly as us. And we undergrads were supposed to be the more experienced ones.

The top team in our wave made $900k in just an hour of trading. We.. erm.. we lost $1.1million in that same window. It's fake money, but the trading was REAL. And that worries me. If I ever become a trader, I'd be doing this ALL DAY. And that one hour of panic buying/selling was already pretty draining.

Later at night, we planned to finish up the Absolut Mango bottle at a friend's place. But someone had to get all high after just 3 glasses. So we decided to entertain ourselves watching him instead. Which was pretty fun, I must say. :):):)